20091217

How to restore the windows default icons?


You can restore the all windows default desktop icons, if you accidentally deleted them from your computer desktop.
List of windows default icons.
  • My Computer
  • Internet Explorer
  • My Documents
  • My Network Places
  • Recycle Bin
Here we are discussing the recovering process of four windows default icons “My Computer, Internet Explorer, My Documents and My Network Places’ and we will cover recovery process of the Recycle Bin icon in next tip.












Fellow the given steps to restore the windows default icons:
  • Go to Start Button and open Run then type the given command to open windows Desktop items dialog box.  
  • Control desk.cpl,,@Web
  • Simple copy the above command and paste it in Run box and press Ok,
  • Now “Desktop Items” dialog box will appear with different options.
  • Under the “General” tab, select the all check box in “Desktop icons” area or click on “Restore default” button to restore the all default icons on your computer desktop.
  • Press Ok to close the entire dialog box.

No comments:

Post a Comment